Tired tuesday roll call

Liz R.
on 9/19/11 8:23 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All!

I am here at work, Mia had a rough night, so stuffy. I didn't sleep well either, my back was bothering me. I went to my first PT yesterday. $40 to lay on a heating pad and be given a sheet with a few stretches. They wanted me back 3 times a week for 4 weeks - not happening! I'll give them once a week for 4 weeks. Today working until 3:30 then headed to my Mom's to pick up Mia and home to make dinner, go for a walk if it isn't raining and just relax until bedtime!
IdaMae D.
on 9/19/11 8:49 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Liz & PA:

Tired does not begin to describe this day!

Liz take care of yourself, hope your back feels better, I can emphasize with you, my oldest daugther has horrible back problems.

Today is work till 4ish.  I'm up and off to a late start, class didn't let out till almost 10, guess that is what happens when you have a lawyer as an instructor as well as the director of the program....sigh...

If it is not raining at lunch I'm going out for a walk again today.  Yesterday got out for a 2 mile walk.

Once home not sure if I'll be ready for bed or take nap first then bed.  I'm going to try to get my arse onto the treadmill, however, that all depends on how tired I am.

Hope everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 9/19/11 9:09 pm
Good Morning Liz and PA!

It IS a tired Tuesday!! I didn't sleep well either...sooo did not want to get up today!! Liz, I hope you can get some relief from your back pain and that Mia feels better soon!!

Today is a BUSY day! First job, then straight to second job then home, stop off to pick up dinner, then back to school night at Dee's school! OY! OY! OY! Just typing it is making me tired!

Well, I gotta go! Duty calls!

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

steffihope
on 9/19/11 9:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Liz and all of PA!  Liz, I really hope the pain subsides soon. It is so hard to be a working parent of a toddler and then try to work through the pain....

Today I am headed in to work, looking forward to it actually - so far so good with the kids this year.  Minus some minor constant chatting, they are really focused and getting their work done.  Only have had to make a few phone calls to parents to get on top of some of the kids.

After school, I am going to try to get some work done at school as Larry is taking Emily and Molly to Hebrew School.  Then I will head home, decide what I want for dinner to take with me and head to the synagogue to teach the 7th graders.  I am hopefully going to be home by 8:30.  Then veg in front of the TV or on facebook, or hey - I might live it up and do BOTH! :)  Larry will be at the game, dependant on what time the game is over, I may or may not see him.  Sigh.  There are some days I just hate the way our schedule is.  It is getting more and more challenging to be home without him.  Molly has been a bear, Josh is never around and Emily, is well, Emily. 

Just had another altercation with Molly, seems to be a daily thing with her. 

Liz R.
on 9/19/11 9:35 pm - Easton, PA
Sorry the kids are being tough :( Think that it's hormonal with Molly... she's at that age... I am dreading those "tween" years!
steffihope
on 9/19/11 10:11 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 I am trying VERY hard to not get emotional with her.  (Sage advise from our friend Swede.)  I did pretty good today, however, after she left, I was a mess.  I can't keep this up.  Her mouth is so rude.  I just want to smack her.  I don't know how to do this.  
Lisa H.
on 9/19/11 10:21 pm - Whitehall, PA
 you know I know all about this... Siehara is starting to fall back into some of her old actions/moods.  I am trying super hard to just remain positive with her and compliment her every chance I get.  I don't know how many times I have told her how proud I am of her for how responsible she has been with staying home while I go to Dress Barn.  I know that she is doing some things she is not supposed to be doing while I am gone, but none of it is major so I can live with it.  

Keep positive feedback in her life and let her know that you are here for her.  I know you know these things and are trying your best to do them. .. just offering a friendly reminder for when it gets tough and she needs a good swift kick in the ass. 

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 9/20/11 1:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
 I know you do - and I do do the positive ****!  (Yep - that is the mood I am in...am on my second soft pretzel!)  Anyway - the difference is MY mental health status at the moment.  I need to call the psych and add something to my regimen, just haven't wrapped my head around it yet.  And, I also told Larry that when he is home I MUST have him awake with the girls - that I need the support when he is there.  He said ok.  We will see what happens tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the understanding.  I know you of all people get it.  And like I said, this morning I was positive and kept the emotion out of the confrontation, but it is the after, I was, and still am due to a SURPRISE meeting this morning.......a mess!

Good thing today is my long day! :(
IdaMae D.
on 9/20/11 9:09 am - Philadelphia, PA
Steffi;
Sending you hugs.  My youngest was my challenge.  One of these days we'll have to get out together and share stories of all the craziness in our lives...

Love you...

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 9/19/11 9:40 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning Liz and Pa.. 

sorry you both had a rough night.. hopefully you can both get relief.  Re: the back therapy, the first one is always the one where you think they aren't doing anything.  Sometimes you do need the heat therapy first.  They will build up to other exercises that will help to strengthen your back.  You may want to do 2x a week.  I know it costs, but think about it.  It REALLY helped me.. also make sure you get some ab exercises in the mix.  I never thought it would make a difference, but it totally does.  Once your abs/core are stronger, your back pain disappears.  It's amazing!   Maybe you can find a pilates DVD or on demand video.  I miss my pilates classes and can feel the difference in my whole body.. I need to do it again at home since I can't seem to get to class. 

Beth.. busy day.. breathe for 5 minutes if you can...

As for me, working ONE job!! WOO HOO!!  After work, hanging with Siehara for dinner and then headed off to the synagogue for our dress rehearsal for the choir concert/service that we are doing on Saturday night.   The rehearsal will be 2 1/2 hours so that will keep me out til around 10.  Home to crash from there.  It's tiring, but I LOVE singing as you all know, so it's enjoyable and relaxing to me.  

Hope everyone has a great day.    Also thinking of HG and Tucker and hope they are doing ok today. 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views